You will support our Events and Community Fundraising Manager with planning, organising and delivering events. Whether it is supporting our cheer points, guiding participants, researching potential event venues or assisting with events admin, as a volunteer you will be playing a vital role in making events happen!
- Carry out online and/or telephone research
- Support with event preparation including sending out participant t-shirts, laminating, sending out thank you letters and envelope stuffing.
- Poster delivery.
- Help with the advertisement of events.
- Keep an eye out for new opportunities and trends for community and events income.
- Liaise with other key volunteers and staff in helping with the planning and management of activities.
- Prospecting of new supporters, companies, organisations and groups
- Supporting in brainstorming fundraising ideas
‘On the Day’ Event Tasks:
- Meet and greet participants and spectators.
- Help set up and clear down the event.
- Support participants as they take part, e.g. by marshalling.
- Cheering or handing out refreshments at events.
- Assist with administration at the start and finish areas, e.g. at the registration desk.
- Welcome participants over the finish line and help to give out medals.
We recognise that volunteers have different strengths, want to gain different skills and that roles may change over time. Adaptations or changes to the roles will be reviewed in regular meetings with your supervisor and amendments can be made to suit your strengths or areas which you wish to develop your skills within.
• Volunteer for an organisation which is making a meaningful difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness.
• Expand your knowledge of events including planning and delivering them.
• Take part in development opportunities such as training and shadowing.
• We will assign you a volunteer supervisor to meet with you for regular check-ins.
• We can provide references for volunteers.
• We will reimburse travel to and from your volunteering shift between zones 1-3.
• If volunteering for a full day, we will provide a free meal from our cafe or lunch expenses for up to £5.
We are also looking for event volunteers to support at one off events throughout the year, such as the London Marathon.