We have an exciting recruitment opportunity! We are looking for Digital Helpline Volunteers to assist our helpline services, offering support to people who reach out to Beat in need of support. Helping people of all ages and backgrounds, this involves responding to emails from services users, web chats, and facilitating online support groups. This is a great opportunity to help support those affected by eating disorders, and to truly make a difference.
Digital Helpline Volunteers are a national team of volunteers who assist our Helpline by offering support to sufferers and parents/carers/partners/friends of sufferers of eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, ARFID and OSFED. Helping people of all ages and backgrounds, you will be responding to emails from service users, web chats, and facilitating our nightly online support groups.
In return for your time you’ll:
- Enjoy being part of a growing volunteer community.
- Receive monthly supervision from a dedicated coach.
- Have access to tailored development training as well as induction training, training around different types of eating disorders and safeguarding training.
- Learn communication and problem-solving skills.
- Enhance your CV and widen job prospects.
- Have a real positive impact on people’s lives.
- Volunteer from the comfort of your own home. This opportunity is remote, so you can choose your regular two-hour shift each week and log on from home.
Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, train and arrange ongoing support, supervision, coaching and development training