Dementia Befriending supports people to live independently and safely at home for as long as possible, stay socially engaged and carry on doing what they love. The service supports Camden residents over the age of 55 in the early or moderate stages of dementia.
We offer Camden residents the opportunity to join our Dementia Befriending service. We match people with a volunteer befriender who will visit on a regular basis.
In this role you will
- Make a regular weekly visit at a time suitable to the older person.
- Provide conversation and company
- Spend time chatting with the older person, talking with them about their current and past life experiences
- Provide feedback on your conversations to our coordinator as required
Make our coordinator aware of any emerging issues or concerns that the older person has agreed to be shared with us.
Dementia Befriending Manager
• Online Dementia Awareness course
• Age UK Camden organisational induction
• Induction to Dementia Befriending Service and Dementia Befriending Relationships
• Safeguarding Adults online course
• Data Awareness online course
• Befriending (in person) - 1.5 /2 hours a week, (Some flexibility for weekend visits)
• Befriending (telephone) – 30 minutes