Want to develop experience and skills that can help with employment in health and care?
Community Links Volunteers are a part of the Care Navigation and Social Prescribing Service in Camden. They support social prescribing in a variety of ways: signposting residents to community-based activities and helping with referrals; motivating high intensity users of social prescribing to connect with new interests and activities; accompanying residents to appointments and introducing them to activities and opportunities in Camden.
In the “Chat and Link” volunteering role, volunteers engage with residents in different settings like over the phone from their own home or in GP or community centres to raise awareness and link people to community-based opportunities to improve their general health and well-being. This opportunity is accessible to anyone who can support people to engage with different services.
- Promote general health, wellbeing and community services to targeted communities
- Link local residents to a range of locally based non-clinical support services and activities
- Chaperone/escort, when necessary, to attend appointments such as hospitals, dentist, optician and to community activities.
- Support with collecting prescriptions
- Make referrals into community activities and service and to support people to access on line provision.
- Help the service to make and maintain connections to people referred to other services within Care Navigation and Social Prescribing Service.
- Support and participate in locally organised community activities, including organised walks, exercise sessions, health events, discussions and consultations as appropriate.