A chance for you to inspire children and their families to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprints and leading a more climate-friendly lifestyle. All resources and training provided.
You will go to a primary school in London to deliver a workshop programme about climate change/carbon footprints and inspire the children to start taking action on climate change! More specifically, this involves:
- Undertaking a short training to gain familiarity with the workshop materials (this can be done remotely).
- Delivery of a programme of workshops (five in total, each lasting one hour) during school hours.
- Supporting children with activities related to the workshop, like producing board displays in their school.
- Providing feedback to Climate Ed about the effectiveness of the programme.
- Conducting a follow-up evaluation with the workshop participants two months after the end of the programme to see how much CO2 they have saved.
We work with schools all across London and aim to place volunteers in schools as close to possible to where they live/study.
Then initial training to gain familiarity with the materials (done online).
Ongoing support as and when needed.