Our choirs wouldn’t exist without our dedicated team of amazing volunteers.
Volunteering at Choir with No Name is a brilliant opportunity to be part of a really supportive group for people with experience of homelessness in our local community, make friends and have fun singing your heart out.
You don't need to be able to sing, you just need to be up for getting stuck in!
Aim of the role
The aim of the role is help members to have fun, build confidence, improve skills and well-being, and build a singing community.
Benefits to the volunteer
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Full liability insurance cover
- Experience that contributes to careers in hospitality, catering, social work, community music and event management
- The potential to take part in training in food hygiene, safeguarding and fire safety.
- Welcome members and chat with them over a cuppa or dinner
- Help cook dinner, serve food, buy and bring ingredients (with expenses paid) or even act as head chef!
- Singing with the choir, strengthening the sopranos, altos, tenors or basses
- Help put on gigs and workshops
- Help set up rehearsals
We ask for a commitment of at least two Thursday evenings a month, between 5.30 and 8pm. There may also be ad hoc gigs or workshops and we ask that you do at least two of these a year. Tasks are allocated on a rota basis so you will get to do a bit of everything!