Our Big Buddies are inspirational role models who provide support to young people aged 10-18+ for a few hours weekly or fortnightly over a period of 3-6 months. Family Friends’ services are initiated only with the consent of the young person and their family and young people have an equal voice in deciding how they wish to spend their time. The most important criteria for receiving Family Friends’ support is that the young person is keen to make positive changes and engage with a Befriender.
Support might look like:
- Trying fun activities together
- Helping a young person to grow in confidence and resilience
- Talking to a young person about future aspirations
- Group work
- Sharing your skills with a young person
What type of volunteers are we looking for?
Family Friends volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are selected for their qualities of warmth and understanding.
-Are you someone who can offer a listening ear?
- Are you able to withhold judgement?
- Do you like trying new things?
- Can you spare a few hours weekly
- Are you willing to travel in Central West London?
If this sounds like you, please get in touch!