Market barrow volunteers will work on the barrow outside, selling Fulham Palace’s organically grown plants and produce to the visiting public in the beautiful walled garden. The role includes harvesting, preparing, displaying, selling and taking payment for our home grown vegetables, fruit, cut flowers and preserves.
What’s in it for you?
• help run and sell quality organically grown produce and plants to the local community on the market barrow;
• to learn about organic practices and have an understanding of plant and vegetable production
• to support and help optimise this important part of Fulham Palace Trust’s income
• to have the opportunity to engage and interact with our local visitors and fellow volunteers
• harvesting, preparing (weighing, labelling) and displaying the home grown plants and produce and other barrow products in a presentable manner, throughout the year;
• being a friendly and welcoming face of our market barrow sales in the walled garden, engaging and interacting with customers;
• providing excellent customer service when selling our fresh fruit, vegetables, and plants from the garden;
• extending your range of skills by making items to sell such as lavender bags or preserves, herb salts and herbal teas;
• tending to the garden beds or carrying out other garden duties close by to the barrow at quiet times;
• attending training sessions that will cover all aspects of running the barrow including;
• how to harvest produce at the right time in the right way
• displaying produce aesthetically and in accordance with our standards, operating the card reader machine and taking cash, opening and closing the barrow;
• helping out on the barrow at Fulham Palace special events such as our apple day, green meet or Christmas fair.
Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
• 10.15 -13.00 (half day am)
• 13.00 -15.30 (half day pm)
• 10.15 -15.30 (full day) with half hour lunch break
• should market barrow volunteers wish to do a full day (both sessions), half hour lunch cover will be provided
• to work on a weekly basis, coming in on the same day each session