All current UCL students are automatically members of Students' Union UCL, however there is also a way that non UCL students, UCL graduates and UCL staff can take part in our club and society activities through a Visiting/Associate Membership.
The person wishing to join your club or society should complete the online Visiting & Associate Membership Form. We may request that you, as president of the club/society, are able to provide a statement of support about this person with their application.
They should decide on which type of membership they would like:
- If they are visiting UCL from a different university, they will need a Visiting Membership.
- If they are a staff member of UCL, or UCL alumni (graduates), they will need an Associate Membership.
Both of these are available for 3 months (1 term) or the entire academic year.
A year membership costs £25 and a 3 month membership costs £15 and the clubs membership fees on top.
The form will be processed, and if approved, their membership card will be made within 10 working days. The associate/visiting member will then be e-mailed to inform them they can pick it up from the Activities reception.
Once they have their membership card, they may then purchase a membership to the desired Club or Society at the standard cost.
Visiting and Associate Members
- Cannot represent UCL/ Students' Union UCL in competitive sport
- Cannot take lead roles in our theatre and music productions
- Cannot vote in any Students’ Union UCL or club/society elections.
- Cannot hold office/a committee position with Students’ Union UCL or its affiliated clubs or societies