The Governance Committee is responsible for:
- Examining any matters referred to it by the Board of Trustees, in relation to the oversight of democratic or organisational governance.
- Ensuring that the appointment of External Trustees and Student Trustees are carried out in accordance with the relevant Articles.
- Ensuring that new trustees are effectively trained and inducted, setting the culture and approach to welcoming new trustees.
- Overseeing the implementation, development and ongoing management of governance within the Union.
- Establishing and maintaining procedures and systems of internal control designed to give reasonable assurance that all aspects of governance are in place.
- Overseeing reviews of the Union’s governance arrangements.
- Ensuring arrangements are in place so that the Union meets the requirements of good governance practice.
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees and Union Executive, through submission of the minutes for each meeting of the Committee.
- Union Chair
- A Sabbatical Trustee (Chair)
- Two other Sabbatical Officers
- One Student Trustee appointed by the Board of Trustees
- One External Trustee appointed by the Board of Trustees
- Two additional student officers approved by Union Executive.
- External advisor with appropriate expertise appointed by the Board of Trustees.
- Chief Executive
- Head of Student Engagement & Communication
- Any Member who wishes to attend as an observer.
- Other staff members proposed by the Chief Executive and agreed by the Chair
Chair: Ayman Benmati, Education Officer
Upcoming Governance Committee Meetings:
Previous Minutes :
Find previous Governance Agendas and Minutes here.