Nominations: Nominations closed
Voting: Voting closed
In order to nominate/vote for this position you must live in Stapleton House.
I will aspire to improve the living and learning environment of my fellow residents by:
- advocating for additional activities that promote our mental and physical well-being in the Flourish programme, such as yoga in the courtyard and art workshops
- being your voice and sharing any concerns/needs you may have regarding your study space in the hall with UCL accommodation and SU, such as better lighting and seats in the communal study areas.
I will strive to improve the community in our hall by:
- creating a feedback form that you can use to share your concerns and suggestions with me.
- I’m an international PhD student. I've lived in different student halls since my undergraduate studies! I've also been living in Stapleton House since last academic year. Therefore, I’m very familiar with the process of how things are run here and the needs of the residents.
- I've extensive experience in ensuring international students have a pleasant university experience, as I've helped 300+ students during move-in days, welcome and career events.
- I’m approachable and always here to help you to the best of my ability. I want to represent you and ensure we are supported in our community.
Almost all of us are living away from family in a new environment which can be challenging at times. By voting for me I will ensure that you feel supported, and your voices are heard. I will help you create a warm and inclusive community by taking in your suggestions and feeding them back to the university.
I have strong communication skills and have supported my fellow students for several years in different societies and at many events. I will promise to use my leadership and interpersonal skills to help make you feel at home.
- I will play the role of a bridge between accommodation residents and the university, the student Union and society. My duty is to report the complaints and suggestions from residents to the university and the hall staff as fast as I can. To help my fellow accommodation residents with emergent situations as much as possible, to make them enjoy a better studying and living environment.
- I will attend and promote kinds of community-building activities within the hall residents to facilitate a better community and promote relationships between them. To organize our community as a family.
- I had the experience of being an E-commerce operation intern at a leading technology company in China therefore I was well-trained in communication. I have also formed the skill of in-time reporting to the leaders through this experience
- I have had event management experience at a landscaping engineering company. This has provided me with precious skills in organizing activities and projects as well. I learned how to promote staff to achieve the settled goal and how to make them enjoy their job environment.
- I had lots of time, energy, and enthusiasm to do this as a post-graduate student
I will do as much as I can to help everyone living in our community to report their complaints to the university and bring reasonable feedback to them, and I will learn hard to be a qualified hall representative. I hope I can make a contribution to our society and make all of our residents in Stapleton House feel like going back home. I hope to make a contribution to make everyone in our hall enjoy their living and feel happy to be a "family member".
For international students, moving abroad can be a scary experience. I should know because I experienced a rollercoaster of emotions myself. As a hall rep, I would do my best to make every resident feel included and safe in this new environment that is to be called home for the next year. More than just organizing events, as someone with Psychological First Aid training, I'd like to provide a safe space for residents to confide in and ensure their optimal wellbeing.
For me, being a hall rep is more than just a position, and I value this incredible opportunity to create meaningful impact.
Having widespread experience in my prior full-time role managing stakeholder relations and client satisfaction, I am extremely comfortable to be in a front-facing position; listening to residents' concerns and ensuring that their needs are being met. I am also bubbly and very approachable! A friendly demeanor such as this shall put students at ease and eliminate further hesitancies in voicing their concerns.
As an avid volunteer during my undergraduate years, I have garnered strong organizational skills and therefore am very adept in conducting activities that foster a strong communal bond.
'What does home feel like to you?'
I understand that being away from home can be a very stressful and scary experience. As a hall rep, I shall endeavor my very best to make Stapleton Hall feel just like home. Be it expressing your concerns, feelings of homesickness or needing a safe space to confide in, I can assure you that you can approach me as a reliable point of contact to address these issues effectively.
University is not just a place where you grow academically but also personally, and I'd like to do my best in supporting you however I can... Here's to our amazing journey together!
Hello I’m Yixin Gu. You can call me Monica if you prefer. I like helping people as much as possible. In fact I have been trying my best to help other residents when necessary e.g. share information, answer questions, help buy essential medicines etc. I am a person with a sense of responsibility. I hope to explore the experience of being an official representative to help more people in need.
I worked as a teacher and I see helping people as a mission. Also I’m organized and clean. My enthusiasm would drive me to play my part well.
I would appreciate it if you would allow me to help you.