Hi everyone! I’m Deniz, a 3rd year law student, and I plan to work on the following as your Union Affairs Officer:
- Set up a bursary to support students in need of financial aid
- Improve democracy and transparency by livestreaming and recording all policy debates; raise awareness about the Union’s agenda
- Contribute to student development by creating internship opportunities within the Union
- Fight for sustainability, and increase the number of water fountains across the campus
- Strive for more inclusion; expand the selection of halal, kosher, and vegan food in all cafeterias
During my time here, I worked actively with the Union and UCL to improve the student experience as the President of Turkish and Legal Tech Societies, and as the Speaker Secretary of the Law Society. I’m committed to helping others and have worked hundreds of hours on various non-profit projects, from volunteer teaching to fundraising for Lawyers Without Borders at UCL. Over the years, I’ve seen how much each of us can contribute to the life at UCL, and to each other. We only need our voices to be heard, and the opportunity to make a change.
Give me your vote and lend me your voice!
In my first year at UCL, I observed a Students' Union referendum on a major issue go completely unnoticed and fail to reach a quorum. Afterwards, UCL went ahead with the decision, essentially with no input whatsoever from the student body.
As your representative, I will make sure that this will never happen again. Whoever you are, your voice will always be heard by the student body, the Union and UCL. To learn more about how I will make that happen, or to voice any of your demands from your Union, feel free to reach out to me!
Email: [email protected]