Hi, I’m Hamza, a 3rd year History, Politics and Economics student hoping to become your next Education Officer. I hope to:
- Lobby for tuition fee compensation due to recent disruptions to our learning.
- Ensure in-person teaching hours are sufficient for all students.
- Maintain a strong Extenuating Circumstances policy for the next academic year.
- Make detailed feedback mandatory for all assessments.
- Extend the transition mentor system to include 2nd year students.
- Ensure that next year’s attendance policy will not overburden students.
- Work to close the BAME awarding gap.
During my 3 years at UCL, I have gained a lot of experience working as a committee member for two UCL societies. My roles allowed me to work within the UCL community and be involved in university-wide projects such as Charity Week. My experiences have made me appreciate the importance of a strong student voice that will fight for the world-class education we deserve.
From my previous committee experiences, I believe I am the right candidate for this position. I hope you vote for me to represent you and your educational concerns during the next academic year!