Club and society committee officers are required to complete compulsory training in order to be granted the administration access required to fulfil your role.
Sports Club Welfare Officers will need to attend:
- Mental Health in Sport
Society Welfare Officers will need to attend:
- Mental Health Awareness
Please note, the training below is only for society Welfare Officers. Sports club Welfare Officers will receive details of alternative training sessions. You only need to attend one session.
Society Welfare Officer Mental Health Awareness Training
1. Welcome to TeamUCL
2. Running Your Club
You'll receive further information about specific training for sports clubs by email.
Drop-In Training Sessions
If you do not achieve the 80% pass mark for a quiz, you will need to attend one of our training drop in sessions on Microsoft Teams.
Wednesday 21st July | 14:00 - 14:45 | Join the meeting here!
Running Activities Safely
Wednesday 21st July | 15:00 - 15:45 | Join the meeting here!
Welfare Officer Training
New dates to be added!
Additional Training Sessions
Tackling Sexual Violence Training
Another branch of our training includes tackling sexual violence, which must be completed by at least one principal officer (either your welfare officer, president or treasurer).
Each workshop has a limited capacity, so please only reserve a place if you're able to attend.
Club and Society Candidate Drop-in Sessions
This year we are hosting two candidate drop-in sessions for clubs and societies. This is a great opportunity to drop in and chat to a member of staff about any questions you might have about running for elections! The session will be online over Teams, and the second session will be in-person.
Thursday 3rd March | 6pm - 7pm | Join the meeting here!
Friday 4th March | 1pm - 2pm | Conference Room, Bloomsbury Theatre Building
If you've already completed training, and want to refer back to something covered in the slides, you can download a copy below:
Under 18's Training
Students under the age of 18 cannot join your club or society until one of your principal officers (president, treasurer, welfare officer) has attended our Safeguarding Under 18s Training over Teams. This training will provide you with important information about the legal framework and your specific responsibilities to students under the age of 18 who are involved in your groups.
To find out if you have Under 18s in your group please check your membership list on your page on the Union website, following the instructions in this how-to-guide, or in the Intro to the Students' Union training slides.
To join an Under 18's training session, please click on the Teams links below:
Monday 15 November | 14:00 - 14:45 | Click here to join the meeting!
To access training:
1. Log in to the Students' Union website using your UCL log in details.
2. Click on 'My Profile' in the top right hand corner of the page.
3. Click on 'Courses and Training'.
4. Here you will be able to see a list of the training you must complete. Click on 'Go to training' and you'll be taken directly to the course.
5. If you are not enrolled in any courses, you may need to scroll down and manually enrol in the courses relevant to your role.
6. You may be prompted to log in again using your UCL account so you can view the presentation.
7. After completing each training module you will have the opportunity to fill out a short feedback form. Scroll to the bottom of your quiz results to find the feedback form.