Telefriends volunteers are matched with an older person and commit to making a regular weekly phone call. The volunteers offer older people companionship company and conversation over the phone. This service covers the London Borough of Camden and is for older people experiencing loneliness and isolation.
- Be in a position to commit to the role for up to a year.
- Agree to call the older person at a time agreed with them and us
- Our volunteers call at times between 10.00 – 18.30, Monday-Sunday
- Put aside that time to make the call free from distractions and in a place that is confidential and quiet.
- Make this weekly commitment with consistency and reliability