This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to develop their research and communication skills within a political context, improve their knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector and learn more about the significance of grassroots community organisations in shaping policy and supporting the most vulnerable in society.
- Strengthening ties with the Afghan government to enable the ACAA to contribute towards government policy through representing the views and suggestions of the Afghan diaspora.
- Contacting embassies, think tanks and international NGO's to raise awareness of ACAA's work in the UK and in Afghanistan and to establish formal partnerships and undertake joint collaborative work.
- Contacting British politicians and MP's who have an interest in Afghanistan and Central Asia to introduce them to the ACAA and discuss our plans.
- Arranging meetings with local councillors and the authorities in Hounslow to discuss how we can work together and engage them in our community initiatives.
- Helping in organising conferences to highlight the impact of ACAA's work both in the UK and inside Afghanistan.
- Developing ACAA's media presence in established British news outlets such as the BBC and the Guardian through writing powerful press releases and articles.
Other volunteers at the organisation.
Interns in this role can be in-person or remote and must commit to at least one full day a week. Those who wish to be political communication volunteers are able to set more flexible hours.