It’s a Penalty’s Student Ambassador Programme provides UK university students with a highly flexible and impactful volunteering opportunity. As a Student Ambassador, you’ll support us to achieve our mission of ending abuse, exploitation and human trafficking. Human trafficking is the world’s fastest growing crime so your involvement will make an important difference to your local community and wider society. You’ll also develop important skills and experience to enhance your employability.
After completing our core training, you’ll engage other students, university staff and/or your local community through awareness raising, change making and/or fundraising challenges of your choice. We recommend student ambassadors complete one individual challenge and one team challenge per term.
We’ll provide you with regular advice and support, high-quality training, recognition of your achievements and opportunities to get involved in the wider work of the charity. You’ll form part of a local group of student ambassadors at your university and gain skills in teamwork, leadership, advocacy, event planning, marketing, time management and more!
Time Commitment: Averaging roughly 1 or 2 hours per week, which can be done flexibly to fit around your other commitments.
- Plan and undertake individual and team challenges
- Educate students, university staff and the wider community on human trafficking, exploitation and abuse
- Advocate for change to make your campus and city slavery-free
- Fundraise vital funds to save lives
- Communicate effectively with It’s a Penalty staff
- Complete required training to better understand modern slavery
- Support other Student Ambassadors at your university
- Support the wider work of It’s a Penalty