To provide practical gardening assistance and support to older and disabled residents, in order to help them maintain their independence and remain safe, secure, comfortable and happy in their own home. The project builds inter-generational friendships, providing an opportunity also for those without gardens to enjoy maintaining the garden of someone who is unable to tend their own.
This could include:
• Agreeing what gardening tasks need to be carried out
• Carrying out the task or referring it staff where appropriate
• Improving garden security through trimming and planting
• Clearing up following any gardening tasks
• Exercising good practice and assisting with green waste collection arrangements where possible.
We will provide you with a comprehensive Volunteer Handbook which will include guidance around Health & Safety, Lone Working, Safeguarding and other relevant policies and procedures.
We will however consider your availability and aim to be as flexible as possible.
The length of tech support visits or calls will vary with each client. The volunteer support could take place weekly or could be on a one-off basis.