The High Performance Programme at TeamUCL is split into two parts: High Performance Teams and Elite Athletes. Please see below for more information.
UCL Sports Teams can apply to receive additional support to compete at the highest level of student sport within BUCS and national sporting competitions. Teams will be supported by professional coaching and sport development staff and have priority access to university facilities and services.
The award of High Performance Team status is based on sporting performance and the fulfilment of criteria, which is to be met on an annual basis. High Performance Teams are therefore considered and reviewed annually by the Team UCL Sports Development Team.
For existing High Performance Team athletes looking to access Physiotherapy, please use the webform here.
- High Performance Team Criteria
Team needs to be competing at the highest level of BUCS (Tier 1 minimum), or at an exceptional level in a non-BUCS sport. ‘Exceptional level’ is at the discretion of the department, but includes:
* Consistently achieving podium positions at National level, with a weekly schedule that includes multiple hours of training or competition on a consistent basis throughout a season (sport specific, strength and conditioning, cross-training)
* A coach is expected to be part of the club in order to supporting the team's culture, performance, well-being and development
* Squad members display an exemplary level of commitment
- Apply to the High Performance Team Programme
To apply click here. Please note that applications for the 2024/25 academic year will open in June 2024.
Each year TeamUCL support a number of athletes competing at the highest level whilst undertaking their studies with UCL. The Elite Athlete Programme aims to support the aspirations of TeamUCL students in achieving National and International success.
For more information regarding our High Performance Programmes please contact [email protected].