This bespoke online workshop is designed by Up Skill 4 Life to enhance your public speaking skills.
It will be delivered by Jonathan Day, Founder and Learning & Development Consultant at Up Skill 4 Life. Established in 2009, Up Skill 4 Life specialises in skills based training with a particular focus on leadership, management & early careers development. Jonathan has been fortunate enough to partner with an incredibly diverse client base; across the business, not-for-profit and university sectors. This places Jonathan in the unique position of both developing and learning from, many different teams, leaders and cultures. Jonathan’s philosophy towards training workshop design & delivery is simple – it should always be agile to a group’s needs, interactive and Never Use Slides.
In this session we will cover:
- Liberating your identity as a public speaker
- The power of purpose – capturing hearts & minds
- Starting with the end in mind – the desired impact of your speech
- Turning your speech into a powerful story
- Agile speeches – engaging individuals, small groups and large audiences
- Closing – how to inspire action from your audience
- Overcoming the nerves & speaking with confidence
The workshop will be conducted through a variety of learning methods:
- Interactive group activities & practical exercises
- Group discussions
- Individual activities
- Public speaking practice
- Feedback & peer to peer reviews
- Tutor insights
Please only buy a ticket if you can attend so that you don't prevent other students from booking a space.