For a temporary time we are looking for volunteers to volunteer for us remotely, from home.
JAN Trust is a multi-award winning not-for-profit organisation that has been established for nearly three decades. Its aim is to empower and provide leadership for disadvantaged women. We believe that education, encouragement and empowerment create active citizens of society. We work with grassroots disadvantaged women who are deprived and hard to reach.
Role Overview, Job Description and Person Specification:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, pro-active, honest and committed individual to join our small team as a volunteer from home. You must have a keen interest and experience in working with ethnic minority and Muslim women's empowerment and be passionate about our ethos and work. The role will provide exposure and experience with a range of our services, but the focus will be on countering radicalisation.
• A graduate or student with a keen interest in the charity sector and BAMER and Muslim women's empowerment
• Knowledge of key issues including domestic violence, forced marriage, FGM, honour-based violence, hate crime, Islamophobia, radicalisation (desirable)
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
• Strong research skills
• Solid communication skills – written and verbal
• Able to work independently and in a team
• The ability to work in a positive manner, under tight deadlines
• IT skills (word processing, databases, spread sheets and outlook)
• Knowledge of websites and social media
• Integrity and commitment are essential
• Adhering to confidentiality at all times.