Why should I volunteer?
• You’ll gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience.
• You’ll get the chance to meet people across your community and make new friends
• Volunteering in one of our shops will give you experience such as teamwork, communication and using your initiative.
• The team will be there to support and encourage you to boost your confidence.
• If you or a loved one has been affected by a life limiting illness, it's a great way to give your time to help a worthwhile cause.
• Its fun - you'll gain real satisfaction from working as part of a team.
No matter how you choose to get involved, there’s lots of opportunities waiting for you. You don’t need any experience to volunteer You just need to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy working as part of a team. There are many different roles within the shop you can choose from and there's also no minimum time commitment. The minimum age for volunteering in our shops is 16 If you are aged between 14-16 you may still be able to volunteer in our shops but you must be on a recognised scheme, for example the Duke of Edinburgh or work alongside a parent or guardian. What do shop volunteers do? Volunteers are involved in a wide range of roles and day-to-day activities that support the running of each store for two hours or more a week.