COVID-19 Secure Activity Guidance
Following the governments lifting of most legal restrictions in relation to Covid-19 on 19/07/2021 please see below our updated guidance for Club and Society Activity below.
Please note that this guidance is supplementary to the Club and Society Regulations which outline all the procedures for running activities safely.
While legal restrictions have been lifted, in line with the Government's and UCL's stance we urge a cautious approach, bearing in mind that Covid-19 continues to circulate.
All groups are expected to lead by example, taking sensible precautions and following the guidance below for all in person activities.
Attendee data must be kept for all in person activities and events - we strongly encourage you to ticket events where possible, if not possible an accurate register must be taken.
Please note that in line with UCLs new policy, you must hold an accurate record of all attendees for in person activities for 14 days
This data may be requested from NHS Test and Trace in the event of an outbreak.
Activity leaders are responsible for ensuring a register is taken and saved digitally in line with our GDPR policy - we will carry out spot checks to ensure the data is being collected appropriately.
Only club/society members may attend the activity. Memberships must be completed/purchased prior to arrival at any in-person activity without exception.
If you or one of your members develops symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in close contact with anyone who has had a positive test they should do the following:
• Contact NHS Test and Trace Immediately to book a test.
• Follow any guidance provided by NHS Test and Trace.
In the event that any member is 'pinged' by the NHS App they must follow the guidance provided.
If a member of a club or society tests positive they must:
Use the Connect to Protect tool https://app.ucl.ac.uk/ConnectToProtect/
Connect to Protect should also be used to report if you have symptoms of COVID-19, a positive COVID-19 test, or are self-isolating, so that we can coordinate risk management. Any data you provide is kept private and confidential.
General Guidance: Applicable to All Activity
- Legally social distancing requirements have been removed, however it is advisable to maintain distance where possible, and remember that some individuals may wish to continue social distancing - please see UCL's Please Give Me Space initiative for more information.
- Any individual taking involved in activity must carry out at least two Lateral Flow tests each week in line with UCL guidance.
- All participants must maintain good hand hygiene, and should use hand sanitiser or wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before and after activities.
- Windows in indoor spaces should be left open to improve ventilation during your activities.
- All activities must be added to our What's On Calendar.
- You must wear a face cover indoors, at all times when not eating and drinking, in line with UCL policy - https://www.ucl.ac.uk/coronavirus/keeping-safe-campus/wearing-face-coverings-campus
- If any individuals show symptoms of COVID-19 they should self-isolate in line with government guidelines immediately, seek a test from the NHS and inform the activity leader they are doing so.
Trips and Tours
UK based trips are now permitted within government guidance. If you are planning on holding a club or society trip please remember to complete your additional risk assessment at least 3 weeks before your planned trip.
At present we are not allowing overseas travel in line with UCL guidance. If overseas travel is central to your activity delivery in the coming year please get in contact so we can discus this with you.
Due to the uncertainty around international travel, planning and approval of events of this nature will take much longer than usual as we work to try to ensure any plans fall in line with government, UCL and FCO guidance and do not pose an unacceptable level of financial risk.
If you are in any doubt about an activity or what you can/can’t do, just pop the Activities Team an email at [email protected] and we will do our best to help!
All sports clubs should familiarise themselves with their National Governing Body (NGB) ‘return to play’ plan. Most NGB plans can be found here: https://londonsport.org/covid-19/return-to-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance/ all sporting activity will be delivered in line with the respective NGB return to play plan.
Democracy and Elections
Please keep in mind that some of your members may still be learning remotely, or unable to get to campus, so you should adopt an online first approach where possible. All AGMs, EGMs, by-elections and changes to constitutions etc. must be carried out through the Union website - you can request an online by-election through this webform. If you would like to have a referendum to make changes to your constitution, please email [email protected].